Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Meal

Last Saturday, I had some time in the afternoon and we were having a few people over for dinner. Ms. gorgeous wanted me to cook up some vegetarian fare for the group so I went at it. In all we made six different dishes from this cookbook, The Vegetarian Cookbook. Each were great but can also be improved. I have some exams coming up next week so my posts may be a little infrequent but I will try to post about each dish and my thoughts.

The meal -

French Onion Soup
Stuffed Mushrooms
Roasted Potatoes
Green Bean with Pine Nuts
Vegetable Moussaka
Blueberry Sorbet

All in all a delicious meal. Each dish was pretty easy to handle making on its own but the time I gave myself (about 2.5 hours) and the number of dishes made it challenging to get them all prepared. One of the dishes, the potatoes, needed to wait to be cooked until later since I ran out of time, but in the future I would have prepped these earlier and just rewarmed them for the main meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment