Friday, March 13, 2009

Stuffed Mushrooms

I thought I would post the dishes from the meal in the order that I enjoyed them. The first picture is of the stuffed mushrooms above. I used two different types of mushrooms, Portobello and button. The recipe was pretty basic. I cut off the ends of the mushrooms, chopped them up with garlic and onions and fried them. Then I fried some spinach and mixed the two together. Put them into the caps (that were previously boiled for a few minutes) and then baked them in the oven for 20-30 minutes at 350. Half of the mushrooms I also added Feta cheese.

They were good though I think that there could have been a little more filling for them. I like that is was not too bready, like other stuffed mushrooms tend to turn out. Also, I preferred the Portabello mushrooms and will only use these in the future. Maybe some more vegetables mixed into the stuffing will help "fill" them out a little bit.

I forgot to take the picture when I first got them out so all you get to see are the leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment